Hey there foodies! Are you tired of the same old breakfast options every day? Looking for a healthier and more exciting alternative that’s easy to make? Then you’ll love this oats upma recipe! Packed with protein, fiber, and flavor, this dish is perfect for those who want to start their day off on the right foot. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover veggies in your fridge. So, whether you’re a busy student or a working professional, give this recipe a try and enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal in no time!
|Frozen pea (Optional)||1/4 cup|
|Mustard seeds||1 tsp.|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp.|
|Urad dal||1 tsp.|
|Chana dal||1 tsp.|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp.|
|Coriander leaves||For garnish|
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, and chana dal, and let them splutter for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and green chili, and sauté until the onion turns translucent.
- Add chopped tomato and peas, and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add turmeric powder and salt, and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Add quick-cooking oats and stir well. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let it cook for 5-7 minutes or until the oats are soft and cooked through. If it looks too dry, you can add a little more water.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Oats are a great source of dietary fiber, with a cup of cooked oats providing about 4 grams of fiber. They are also rich in protein, B vitamins, and minerals such as iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- Onions are low in calories and a good source of vitamin C, fiber, and various antioxidants. They also contain small amounts of other important vitamins and minerals.
- Tomatoes are low in calories and a good source of vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants such as lycopene. They are also a good source of fiber.
- Peas are a good source of protein, dietary fiber, and various vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, and iron. They are also a good source of plant-based protein for vegetarians and vegans.
Here is the rough estimate of the nutritional value of 1 small bowl of oats upma:
|150 Kcal||25 gm||5 gm||3 gm|
Overall, the oats upma recipe is a nutritious and wholesome meal that provides a good balance of macronutrients and micronutrients. Do try this easy and healthy recipe.