Today’s fitmeal@15 is brought you up a healthy and balanced meal, which can be consumed at any point of the day, be it breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
This recipe is the definition of what we call a “Balanced Meal”. Made from the most prominent ingredient “Poha” also known as “Flattened rice” in the Indian kitchen, the nutritional value of poha is multiplied by all other nutritious ingredients and thus making it healthy, nutritious, and well-balanced meal. This meal is high in healthy fats, high in protein, high in fiber, and also enriched with an ample number of vitamins and minerals.
Let the recipe prove its point!
- Aids digestion and prevents constipation.
- Helps in controlling blood sugar levels.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Curbs appetite, and hence helps in avoiding binge eating.
- Helps in raising good cholesterol levels.
- Aids in weight loss and management.
|Spinach||1/2 cup (approximately)|
|Mustard seeds||1 tsp.|
|Chili flakes||To taste.|
|Black pepper||To taste.|
|Mixed herbs||To taste.|
|Olive oil||1 tsp.|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp.|
- In a pan, add oil and mustard seeds.
- Add chopped potato and carrot to the pan, and cover it with a lid.
- Finely chop the capsicum, tomato, and spinach.
- Add chopped capsicum and tomato, and corns in the pan and toss them well.
- Now add all the spices as per your choice and taste and mix.
- Now add water rinsed poha to the pan.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook.
- Now add some peanuts and dry coconut to the pan, mix them well, and remove the pan from the flame.
SPINACH EGG BHURJI
- Take one egg white and a whole egg in a bowl.
- Add spices and herbs into it and whisk it well.
- In another pan, add chopped spinach and let it slightly cook with the lid on.
- Now pour the egg batter into the pan.
- And continuously mix it on a low flame to avoid the content from sticking to the pan.
- Once cooked, turn of the flame.
- For assembling, add poha to the bowl.
- Add lemon juice onto the poha and mix.
- On the other side add spinach egg bhurji.
- And your healthy “Poha Fit Meal” is ready to eat!
- Poha is a rich source of carbs, iron, fiber, essential vitamins and minerals, and a lot of antioxidants.
- Spinach is enriched with essential vitamins and minerals including Vitamin A, C, K, iron, folate, and potassium.
- Carrot is a good source of several vitamins and minerals, especially biotin, Vitamin A, potassium, and Vitamin B6.
- Tomatoes are a rich source of folate, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Corns are jam-packed with the goodness of vitamin C, carotenoids, and antioxidants.
- Potato is rich in vitamin C, B1, B3, B6, and minerals including potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, folate, and riboflavin.
- Peanuts are composed of protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
- The egg is enhanced with protein, and essential vitamins including Vitamin D, A, B2, B12, folate, biotin, and minerals such as phosphorus, iodine, and selenium.
- Mustard seeds are extremely rich in calcium, manganese, omega-3 fatty acids, iron, zinc, protein, and dietary fiber.
- Coconut is enriched with fiber, vitamin C, E, B1, B3, B5, B6, and minerals such as iron, selenium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- Olive oil is rich in antioxidants and healthy fats.
- Lemon Juice is rich in vitamin C, fiber, and various beneficial plant compounds.
|520 Kcal||75 gm||21.45 gm||19.7 gm|
Calories= 250 Kcal/serve
Enjoy a healthy and delicious balanced meal in just 15 minutes.